3223 Prospect Street NW, Washington DC, 20007
EastBanc offers the opportunity to grow your career and to advance in the real estate investment industry. We seek out the brightest and foster a culture that believes in “working smart” within collaborative teams while allowing your personal strengths and successes to shine through.
Work involved in operating and maintaining heating, cooling, and ventilation equipment. Analyzes and solves technical maintenance problems. Assures security and fire alarm systems are kept in good working order. The Engineer is trained in all phases of the life cycle of a building and develops an appreciation of the building as an advanced technological system requiring close integration of many sub-systems and their individual components. Technical problems are identified, and appropriate solutions are found to improve the performance of the building in areas such as:
- Energy efficiency, lighting and acoustics
- Construction management
- HVAC and control systems; Indoor air quality
- Advanced building materials; building envelope
This position performs various complex functions under the direction of the Chief Engineer. Duties include, but are not limited to, the installation, testing and repair of building Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning Equipment such as VAV boxes, Self Contained Indoor Environmental Units, Pumps, Fans, Water Treatment Systems, Humidifiers, Building Automation Systems and Associated Controls, Fire Alarm/Automated Fire Suppression Systems, Complex Electrical Equipment, Generators and all equipment and tasks associated with operating a Class A office building. Other duties will include plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and other tasks associated with maintaining the asset.
- The Engineer is responsible for the operational, maintenance and repair of systems and equipment of building/property operations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment on the property.
- Provides hands-on service operations and maintenance of building systems.
- Responsible for carrying out systems preventive maintenance programs.
- Maintain inventory of needed tools and spare parts.
- Supervise contracted maintenance and service vendors.
- Maintain energy conservation programs.
- Review building and tenant alterations to ensure conformity with design criteria reporting deficiencies to the Chief Engineer.
- Daily review of log entries from the previous work day.
- Assist in maintaining oversight of all keying schedules.
- Provides on-call support for after-hour issues that may arise within the facility. The position is considered part of the essential personnel to the asset. May be required to work weekends or Holidays.
- Demonstrate and maintain Outstanding Customer Service in all areas of responsibility, including those of subordinates.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable municipal building codes. Exhibits familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFC, and Life Safety Codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates will have 7 to 10 years prior experience in commercial building operations and maintenance. Candidate must know energy management techniques, plant operations, building systems operations, repair and maintenance, and familiarity with security operations, cleaning procedures, and emergency and general building procedures. Demonstrating organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to use time efficiently, proficiency at problem-solving, supervising other on-site personnel, common sense, and good judgment.
- Computer proficiency preferred, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Accredited technical school, military, or college certification in HVAC or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job-related training and experience.
- Universal CFC certification.
- Continuing education in the field.
- Building Automation/Direct Digital Controls Experience
- Able to climb ladders and work from heights during the normal performance of duties, physically capable of lifting a minimum of 50 pounds or more of equipment and materials.
We offer our employees a competitive package of benefits which includes health and financial insurance.
Medical, dental, vision.
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
401(k) retirement program. All employees are eligible to participate after 6 months.
More information about EastBanc and its principals can be found here